Friday, March 11, 2011

Welcome to the herd

On Tuesday night our long awaited additions to the herd arrived by trailer. The kids and I went to look at them way back in January but one thing or another has come up since then delaying their arrival. So. They are here, F and I named them and they are settling in nicely!

This pretty girl is Licorice.
This is Beauty(she was already named but we liked it enough to keep it. She is also an experienced mother pregnant with her third calf. As an added bonus, her previous owner had used her as a milking cow so I hope to keep up with that!)
This is Cinnamon.
And finally we have Sugar.
How am I going to remember who is who? I have no idea! But I hope that as we get to know them better we'll be able to find the little differences that will set them apart from the others. All four of the girls are pregnant and due to drop calves in June so we look forward to that! We've seen the birth of kittens and puppies so we're due to see something more exciting! I doubt it will be something I manage to actually see happen as Dexters seem to be elusive calvers but I hope we get the opportunity!

2 comments:

  1. One of these things is not like the others,
    One of these things just doesn't belong,
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others
    By the time I finish my song?

    I like Cinnamon best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, such pretty little ladies :)

    ReplyDelete