Friday, January 6, 2012

Another Farewell is looming!

It's been more than a month since we said "farewell" to our little farm; our few cows, Zama and Bjorn and the house we've called home for the last three years.  We headed West to visit family and friends, spend Christmas and ring in the New Year.  We had a beautiful December out here on the coast.  I have no pictures at the moment so I apologize but let's suffice to say that I have never seen so much sunshine in December in all the years that I lived here!  Of course one year blends into the next but I'm pretty sure it's usually a lot more wet!  The kids and I did a few hikes, spent time at the beach and enjoyed our reunion with our dog Indi who came to live out here with my brother and his girlfriend back in September.  It's funny remembering how much I missed her after we left her behind and our place felt so empty without her and yet once we were back out here on the Island with her I found I missed Zama and Bjorn even more than I'd missed Indi! 

And now our next leg of the journey is almost upon us!  I am sending off all our visa application paperwork tomorrow, Dexter is going in for his pre-travel vet check on Monday and my husband K is looking in to our plane tickets this weekend.  He would like us on a plane no later than the 18th of January.  That's 12 days from now!  Ack!  All this preparation and suddenly it's here!  Where did the time go?  Stay tuned!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment